I'm being catfished, what do I do?!
You think you're being catfished, and now you don't know what to do next. Well firstly, don't feel bad. Catfishing happens to heaps of people, and it's okay. It's important though to follow the steps, and get on track.
- If there has been money involved, you may want to contact your bank. You should immediately stop seding them money, and stop them from sending you any.
- Contact the police if you think you may be in danger. This can be really hard, especially if you developed serious feelings for them.
- It can hard to completely block this person out of your life, but it is probably best if you do block them.
- Treat the situation like a breakup, for you, it was. Catfish breakups can hurt just as much as normal breakups, so treat it the same.
- Look after yourself. This is no doubt hard for you, and you are probably feeling crappy about yourself, but you are worthy of love and you need to remember that.
- Go to Google. There may be some really helpful forums online, with people who know what you are going through. You may also find some more tips to help you get through this hard time.